Today we have a combo post! Since most of last month’s best sellers were deals from Amazon Prime Day (that are no longer on sale), instead of just sharing the top 10 best sellers from last month, I’m also including some other highlights of items that I’ve either recently tried or that were from last month that I didn’t want to let fly under the radar. There are some cute summer items that I didn’t want you to miss!
SIZING: I’m 5’6″ and usually S/M or 6 in clothes and 8.5 to 9 in shoes.
1. Old Navy Crochet Lace Button Front Top
This top is soooo cute! It’s made of a woven cotton and rayon blend, which keeps it somewhat casual while details like its buttons, sleeves, lace trim, and square neckline make it great for elevated casual looks. I’ve worn this with my raw hem crop jeans and medium to dark wash Wit & Wisdom shorts several times, though it goes with more than that. This comes in 4 colors which you can see HERE. I wear size S.
My earrings are HERE. I’m wearing size M.
2. Yellow Striped Button-Front Tank
(Whoops, didn’t steam this before snapping the pic!) I recently blogged the olive version in a recent blog post, HERE. This is the yellow and white striped version, which is really cute! This is a linen/rayon blend, so it will wrinkle a little bit, but it’s not the worst when it comes to linen. It has thicker straps, so it works with a regular bra. Though, sometimes after moving around a bit, my straps showed. I’m wearing size XS. I have a small chest, but if I were bustier, I’d go for S. It comes in 3 solid colors, this yellow/white striped version, and a palm leaf print. See them HERE.
Also, this might shrink in the wash a little, so I un-shrink it by steaming it. If you haven’t read my post on why I love steaming clothes (while I loathe ironing), check it out HERE.
My earrings are HERE. I’m wearing size M.
3. Red Embroidered Top
ADORABLE! This is another top that’s great for nicer casual outfits, since the material isn’t really dressy, but it’s not as casual as a knit tee either. Plus, the embroidery, sleeves, and other details really kick it up! One random thing I love about this top is that it looks like you have sleeves, but it FEELS like a tank top in the sense that it keeps you cooler than a typical top with sleeves. LOVE IT! Find it in red, HERE. It also comes in a veryyyy pretty sort of periwinkle blue, HERE. I wear size S.
4. Yellow Striped Skirt
LOVE this in yellow! I’ve had the blue/white striped version for years (see the ways I’ve worn it HERE) and it’s been a PMT-reader favorite. The yellow version is slightly different: It has lining, which the very original version didn’t. Also, the waistband is slightly different with a tiny strip of material above the elastic, and the bottom portion doesn’t have the horizontal stripes, so this is easier to alter the length. Other than that, it’s generally pretty much the same feel, fit, and adorableness! Plus, it has POCKETS! Find it in sizes XXS to 3X, HERE. I wear size S.
5. Madewell Tank
This tank might have flown under the radar because it’s just a basic-looking tank, which it is. But, I really like it for a few reasons. One, it’s a muscle tank with a slightly sportier vibe, and it has thicker straps. Also, I like that the neckline is a little higher, which means I don’t have to worry about revealing too much when I bend over (which is like all the time around my kids). It’s small things like those that make me appreciate this basic tank a whole lot! Find it 7 colors, HERE!
Now, in case you’re interested, here are the monthly best sellers from June! There are some pretty dresses, a comfy jumpsuit and t-shirt dress, and good, casual tees and summer linen pants to check out!
1. Amazon Sleeveless Jumpsuit – A soft, COMFY jumpsuit is such a lifesaver during the summer! This affordable jumpsuit has 8,900+ reviews and 4.4 stars. It comes in 23 colors/prints in long pants, 22 colors/prints in shorts. See them HERE.
3. Amazon Stasher Bags – This was an Amazon Prime Day deal, which is why it’s on the list, hehe. My family and I have used them for several years, and I LOVE that they significantly reduce the amount of plastic bags our family uses. Our kids carry snacks in the small ones, and we freeze food in the big ones. Find them HERE.
5. Amazon Tie-Dye Sweatshirt – This sweatshirt is soooo soft and comfy! It’s on the thin/medium end of the spectrum, and I think it’d be great for a cool summer evening. This comes in 5 colors, HERE. I wear size M.
6. Amazon Ruffle Midi Dress – This dress is cuuuuuute and lightweight! It has a faux-wrap top with a button to keep the top closed and secure. It’s lined from the top all the way to below the knees, and then the very bottom portion is slightly see-through, which gives the dress a more lightweight feel. Dress this up with heels for nicer events (try the wedges or heels in my recent post 3 Types of Summer Shoes to Dress Up Outfits), or dress it down with flat sandals. It comes in 5 colors with this print in addition to a Swiss dot version in 5 colors. See them all HERE. I’m wearing size M.
7. Caslon Linen Joggers – Linen pants are a must for me in the summer! Sometimes you just need to wear pants, and linen is lightweight and more breathable. And, these particular joggers are favorites of fellow PMT readers. They’re really lightweight, NOT scratchy like other linen pants can be, and have a great jogger silhouette. They come in 5 colors and are available in straight and petite lengths HERE and plus sizes HERE. I wear size S.
8. Amazon Ruffle Skirt – (Whoops, shoulda steamed out the wrinkles before I took this pic!) This was one of the Best Sellers in March, April, and May! See the yellow polka dot skirt above and the red printed one in the very first picture of this post.) I LOVE this skirt and have worn it so many times in the last few months! I have it in the red printed one, and it’s sooo cute, lightweight, adorable, and affordable, running anywhere from $24 to $28 depending on color and size! It has a stretchy elastic waistband for extra comfort, too. It comes in 6 prints, which you can see HERE. I wear size M. One note is I recently bought the yellow version, but it’s not *as* soft and silky feeling as the red one. Still totally fine and easy to wear though. Also, note that this shrinks in the wash, but I un-shrank mine by running it under a clothes steamer.
9. Old Navy Luxe Scoop Neck Tee – Verrrrry soft, stretchy, and super comfy! I love these for the comfort and casual-ness of a t-shirt but, but they look a TINY bit nicer. The tunic length is actually not my favorite, so I tuck it in the front and back and blouse it out. Comes in 2 solid colors and 3 prints. I have it in white, leopard print, and the beige tie-dye. Check them out HERE. I wear size S.
There’s PLENTY of summer left, and if you haven’t built an easy-to-use summer wardrobe yet, it’s not too late! Grab the Summer Starter Kit Wardrobe Guide to feel put-together and stylish, even for the most casual outfits, and even when it’s suuuuuper hot!