Heyyyyyy, PMT friends! The much anticipated Nordstrom Anniversary Sale begins SOON! I cover this sale every year, and so many of you LOVE it! In case you’re wondering, “What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?” and, “Why the heck do people care about it?” read on!
WHAT IS THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE ALL ABOUT?
WHEN DOES THE SALE HAPPEN?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is open to different groups of people at different times, depending on whether you are a Nordstrom cardmember and what your status is.
Here’s a summary at a glance:
In a nutshell, if you are a Nordstrom cardholder, you’re able to shop the sale about a full 2 weeks earlier than everyone else, which ensures that you get the most coveted deals that could likely sell out by the time non-cardholders can shop.
I got a Nordstrom card many years ago just to shop this sale early, and I personally feel that over the years it has been totally worth it. Especially because there are sooooo many other perks to being a Nordstrom cardholder that you can read about HERE. Things like earning points on purchases and getting Nordstrom credit if you get your clothes altered at Nordstrom. You have two options for a Nordstrom card: 1) the Nordstrom Visa Credit Card that you can use at both Nordstrom and other stores to earn Nordstrom points, or 2) the Nordstrom Retail Card which you’d only use for Nordstrom purchases. Also, if you sign up for one right now, you can get a $60 Nordstrom Note towards future purchases! Read more about it all HERE, including a side-by-side table of the differences between the two cards.
- July 6 – EVERYONE gets to preview the sale. Which means you can preview it right now, HERE! If you’re overwhelmed, don’t worry—I’ll highlight some of my favorite items next week. 😁
- July 12-16 – Early Access begins in a staggered way for all Nordstrom cardholders or Nordy Club members with Influencer status or above, based on your status. You can see the start dates below.
- July 12 – Icons
- July 14 – Ambassadors
- July 16 – Influencers
- July 28 to August 8 – EVERYONE can shop the sale.
WHAT KINDS OF THINGS ARE ON SALE?
WHAT SHOULD BE ON YOUR SHOPPING LIST?
Fall clothes for sure! This sale is of new arrivals for the coming season, not the leftovers from summer. I recommend prioritizing higher ticket items and staples, like boots and booties, jackets, and jeans. I usually also try some sweaters, tops, bags, activewear, makeup/beauty, home decor, and men’s items, too, but with lesser priority.
Some of my favorites from previous years:
- My beloved Wit & Wisdom Ab-solution jeans go on sale in several colors each year!
- High-waisted Zella leggings have been on sale for the last several years.
- The 7/8 Zella leggings with POCKETS – I got these last year and they became my new go-to because of the pockets.
- Caslon knit blazers that feel like sweatshirts are 40% off!
- This throw blanket has become an obsession in my family. We have 3 now, and they’re SO good! Under $25 during the sale.
- Sneakers – athletic and slip-on
- BLANKNYC leather, faux leather, and suede jackets are my favorites! Pricey at full price, but awesome during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
- Vince Camuto pants – Some are SO comfy and great quality! (And some aren’t. 😳 That’s why I review items for ya 😉)
- Vince Camuto tops – Great staples for work!
These are some of my favorites from past sales: black moto jacket, leopard print pumps, black skinny jeans, long cardigans, taupe wedge sneakers, super comfy black work slacks, bootcut jeans that are sooooo stretchy they feel like yoga pants (!!), grey wrap sweater, gorgeous suede moto jacket, leopard print flats, and super comfy stretchy skinny jeans!
Check out the widget below for some of my PMT staples (that I have talked about before on this blog) that are part of the SALE! I didn’t buy all of these on sale. I bought lots of them at full price, so you’ve GOTTA get them while they’re on sale!
Some of My Tried & True Items ON SALEEEEEEE!
HOW CAN I SHOP THIS SALE THE SMART WAY?
Shop Early Access by signing up for a Nordstrom card. The sale opens earlier to everyone who has a Nordstrom card. Items and sizes can sell out FAST, and they often do NOT restock. Some items are exclusive only to the sale and are not available after the sale. Shopping early is totally worth it. Find out more info, like how you can get a $60 bonus note, and sign up for one HERE!
HOW CAN I GET THE BEST STUFF?
Get Early Access by signing up for a Nordstrom card HERE. You get to shop at least 1 week before everyone else, and it really is worth it!
Follow PMT for sales highlights. I’m here to do the heavy lifting for you! I’ll pore through the items, find stuff that’s worth trying, and provide fit info to save you time. Follow me through:
- PMT Email List – For the NSale, you can get notified with two different levels of frequency:
- New Blog Posts – Get emailed whenever there’s a new blog post full of NSale reviews. I publish NSale blog posts 1-2x/wk during the sale.
- *Special* Extra NSale Highlights Email List – Get special, additional highlights from the NSale so you don’t miss anything. I only blog 1-2x/wk during the sale, but often times, items sell out before I publish the next blog post. This year, you can sign up to get additional NSale highlights between blog posts. That way, if I find something awesome, you’ll know about it sooner rather than later (whenever my next blog post happens) when it might already be sold out.
- Sign up for either/both of those email lists HERE.
- Facebook – I’ll share highlights more frequently than on the blog.
Bookmark the PMT Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Shopping Guide. This ONE page will house ALL the items I try over the course of the sale. It’s easier than sifting through multiple posts as the sale goes on!
Preview the NSale HERE and comment below with what you’re eyeing and what you want me to review for you. If I know what the majority of PMTers want, I can prioritize that when shopping and sharing. And be sure to follow through PMT Emails so you don’t miss it!
White top, super comfy stretchy knit blazer, and CRAZY comfy bootcut jeans—fantastic staples part of past sales!
GIVEAWAYS: $50 NORDSTROM GIFT CARDS x4!
To add to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale fun, I’m giving away FOUR $50 Nordstrom Gift Cards! All you have to do to enter is sign up for PMT Emails!
If you’re already subscribed, no need to do anything else. You are automatically entered.
Four people will be chosen at random from the subscriber list. One winner will be announced throughout the sale on the following days via email: July 16th, July 22nd, July 28th, and July 30th. If you’re the lucky winner, you’ll need to respond to the email within 2 days so that we know your email is good and active (and we’re not just sending a gift card to go to waste somewhere).
Sign up for PMT Emails HERE and be sure to check your email on those days!
THANKS FOR SHOPPING THROUGH PMT!
Last, I want to thank you again for shopping through the links on this blog! As a reminder, I use affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you purchase items through links on this blog. That helps me spend the time to try and review items and create blog content at absolutely no extra cost to you, which is totally a win-win situation!
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is a huge undertaking, so if I have been able to help you along the way, giving you some clarity on how to shop it, providing a strategy for you to shop smartly, or leading you to good products (and leading you away from bad products!) then I would be so grateful if you shopped through the links I provide. You all have been awesome about that, and I can’t thank you enough! It allows PMT to keep putting out content and helping other women feel good about their clothes!
(If you’re interested in learning more about how blogs earn income, you can check out my post How Blogging Became a Full Time Job!)
Alright, head to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Preview and comment below to let me know what to review for you!