Huge thanks to Kohl’s and Collective Voice for sponsoring this post
Summer is a great time to have fun with colors! If you’ve wanted to incorporate more color into your outfits, today’s post is for you. I’m sharing three tips for how to wear color in outfits, and I’m partnering with Kohl’s and Collective Voice to do it!
I love how many options Kohl’s has! It’s really easy to find fun pieces that add style your outfits and keep them from being boring. Kohl’s carries clothes for everything, from athleisure to casual to work and special occasion wear. And, they have SUCH affordable pieces! Kohl’s also has a range of sizes, including straight, plus, petite, and tall options. It’s also easy to shop at Kohl’s with their curbside and in-store pickup and extended return window.
Right now, Kohl’s is offering 20% off until 6/25 with code TAKE20. I’ll highlight some pieces that you can add to make your summer outfits more fun and share three tips for how to wear color in outfits!
SIZING: I’m 5’6” and usually S/M or 6 in clothes and 8.5 to 9 in shoes.
1. Big and Bold
First, you can totally go for it with head to toe color! This dress has a cool shape with a seam under the bust that helps add waist definition and also add curves, as it contours the bust line. There is also a similarly shaped seam that attaches the bottom peplum. Those seams add curves and movement to the dress!
This dress is really comfortable with some stretch. It’s lined, so it’s on the thicker side. Just something to note as you consider whether it’s good for your climate. You can dress it down with flat sandals or dress it up with open-toe heeled sandals. It’s just $33.60 right now, and it comes in 4 colors and 1 print, which you can see HERE. I’m wearing a size S.
BTW, these sandals are really comfortable and go with lots of different outfits! (I’m wearing them in every outfit in this post!) And, they’re just $13.99 right now!!! They come in several colors, which you can see HERE.
2. Balance out color with a neutral counterpart.
If big and bold isn’t for you, pair a colored piece with a neutral piece. Here, I paired a colorful yellow top with neutral denim shorts. The neutral color tones down the colorful piece, allowing you to wear color in a subtler way.
This yellow tank is lightweight and is great for stylish, casual outfits. It’s a step up from a t-shirt but not as dressy as a blouse. You can wear this to the park with kids or to a low-key summer bbq! And, it’s ONLY $15.99!!! Such a good deal! It comes in 12 prints and solid colors in straight sizes, HERE. Find it in plus sizes HERE and in petite sizes HERE. I wear a size S.
These shorts are a great wardrobe staple! They are on the longer side with a 5″ inseam when rolled. Plus, they’re comfy with a bit of stretch! They come in this medium blue, a light blue, white, and black. And, they’re just $23.99 right now, which is such a great price for comfortable denim shorts! Check them out HERE. I wear a size 6.
3. Break up color by wearing prints.
Another tip for how to wear color in outfits is to wear colorful prints! Prints make outfits more interesting, and they help break up the colors. With prints, you can add more color at once, too!
This top is really pretty with both red and pink in it, and the colors are broken up by neutrals that are also in the print. It is made of a blousy material that you can dress up with slacks for work or dress down with jeans or chinos. It’s a really pretty top,, and it’s just $19.99 right now! It comes in 10 colors and prints. See them all HERE! I’m wearing a size S.
You can pair printed tops with other neutral bottoms, or make a statement by pairing them with bottoms that are the same color as one of the colors in the print.
Those are three tips for how to wear color in outfits this summer. You can incorporate colors in big and small ways—it’s totally up to you!
Shop the Outfit:
Top: c/o Kohl’s (exact–wearing size S)
Jeans: c/o Kohl’s Jeans: c/o Kohl’s (exact—wearing size 6 in “Renegade”)
Shoes: c/o Kohl’s (exact—wearing size 9 but should have gotten 8.5)
More Colorful Summer Items for 20% Off!
I rounded up a few more colorful items to check out while they’re ON SALE! Scroll through the widget below to shop, and remember to use code TAKE20 to get 20% off until 6/25!
Organize & plan your wardrobe, and get dressed with ease.
Want that easygoing summer style? Feel cute and styled for all your summer activities with the help of the PMT Summer Wardrobe & Outfit Guides!
With them, you’ll be able to organize and plan with clarity and ease, shop to fill wardrobe holes, and have outfit ideas galore at your fingertips so that you can get dressed confidently and quickly!
Each guide comes with:
- Customizable Step-by-Step Wardrobe-Building Guidance for building a great, easy-to-use, and insanely versatile wardrobe with pieces from your existing wardrobe. You’ll learn how to use your favorite items, fill the holes in your closet, and build your best wardrobe yet. We do the thinking and strategizing so that you don’t have to!
- Wardrobe Checklist & List of Items with key building blocks for a great wardrobe and details about what to consider adding to your wardrobe. Planning your wardrobe has never been smoother!
- Outfit Calendar with 8 weeks of weekday outfits planned for you so that you don’t have to think about what to wear! Get out of the style rut, stop wearing the same outfits over and over, and make better use of your clothes. All with less time and energy!
- Outfit Catalog with 90 outfit ideas that you can create with your small but mighty wardrobe. It includes Casual and Elevated Casual Outfits as well as Weekend and Date looks.
- BONUS: Access to a complimentary Shopping Link Database with links to exact or similar pieces for straight, plus sizes, and petite so that you can just add to cart!