I put together the first Putting Me Together Challenge in January 2017 as a way to help women put into action all the things we talk about on this blog. This challenge will literally put you together by helping you make your own versatile wardrobe and putting it into a TON of outfits for you.
WHAT IT IS
Think of it as a style coaching package that will give you everything you need to feel put together, gain confidence in your style, and learn to make the most of your closet, while coaching and challenging you to grow your style along the way! It’ll help you out of any current style rut your in and help you absorb style tips that will have a lasting effect on the way you dress.
- It’s a 34 day live challenge that you can register for each season.
- You’ll be given a Shopping Guide / Clothing List to help you put together your mix-and-match capsule wardrobe for each challenge.
- From that capsule wardrobe, I’ll give you an Outfit Guide with 34 days of outfits thattell you exactly what to wear each day. (You’ll receive them all in a downloadable PDF as well as get a weekly email with the outfits for that week.) That means for 5 weeks you won’t have to think about what you’re going to wear! I’ll have done all that thinking for you, and you’ll enjoy stress-free mornings in front of your closet while still making the most of your wardrobe.
- You’ll gain access to a private Facebook group to connect with other women doing the challenge. Women share their versions of the daily outfits and build you up with tons of encouragement. It’s a WONDERFUL, safe community of women who want to grow and have fun with their style just like you! The Facebook group is only available to those doing the challenge live (not once the challenge is over and discounted). Honestly, I feel like the Facebook group alone makes the registration fee worth it. IT.IS.AWESOME. And addicting!
- Think of it as one huge Packing Post (like THESE) except someone maps out all the outfits for you and plans which one you’ll wear each day. Plus you’ll get a community to do it with!
WHAT ELSE YOU’LL GET
In addition to the capsule wardrobe list, 34 days of outfits, and access to a fun Facebook group, there’s more!
– Daily Style Tips – Each daily outfit will include a style tip. You’ll be able to put them into action in bite sized ways.
– Bonus Outfits – I LOVE to remix clothes, so I can’t stop at just 34 outfits. The challenge officially runs for 34 days, but I’ll provide you with Bonus Outfits so that you can continue wearing new outfit combos even when the challenge is over. Typically you get 14 Bonus Outfits, but sometimes it’s more! That means you’ll get at least 48 outfit ideas total, but this Spring it’s closer to 65 outfits!!!
– All in all you’ll get:
- A Shopping List to help you build a mix-and-match seasonal wardrobe
- First access to the Shopping Guide for that season. It has tons of options for each piece in the capsule, including options for petite, plus, and tall sizes.
- A Style Guide PDF with outfits for 5 weeks
- Style tips for 34 days to grow your style
- Bonus Outfits totaling 48+ days of outfits
- The peace of not thinking about what to wear for weeks!
- A SUPER FUN Facebook community of like-minded women who are on the same journey as you and are there to encourage, support, and build each other up. They’ve helped each other tweak their style, have given recommendations for finding pieces for different body types, and are so encouraging. Did I mention it’s an amazing group?
- A closet full of outfits you love, not just pieces that don’t work together!
WHO SHOULD DO IT?
This challenge is all about working your closet, and it’ll be fun for anyone looking to get better at remixing or who wants to utilize their closet. It’ll be helpful for anyone who’s ever wanted someone to build their wardrobe for them and tell them exactly what to wear. It’ll be a stress-reliever for anyone who doesn’t want to think about what to wear for 48 days!
The PMT Challenge will be fun for you if any of these are true:
- You want a mix-and-match wardrobe and want some guidance
- You want to feel put-together but want someone else to do the work for you
- You want to get better at remixing your closet
- You don’t want to have to think about what to wear
- You’re up for trying new styles, even if some feel out of your comfort zone
- You want to connect with other women who are having fun growing their style
- You LOVE the Packing Posts (THESE). This is like one huge packing post beefed up with someone making you actually wear each of the outfits and a community to do it with.
This challenge isn’t for everyone, but if anything above resonates with you, consider joining! Besides it being fun and helping you out of a style rut, my biggest hope is that it relieves stress and boosts your confidence.
WHY THIS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
Wait, what? I’m telling some of you NOT to do this? Yes! This challenge is not for everyone!
I have tons and TONS of content on this blog–all for free. I have numerous capsule wardrobes, a billion posts on how to wear pieces many ways, style tips galore, shopping reviews, etc. All the tools to help you build your wardrobe and style are already on here for your consumption. BUT, I started PMT Challenges because so many women said that they’ve followed for years and have read through it all but still want more help putting outfits together themselves. They didn’t need new content–they needed all the info that’s already on this blog packaged in a more streamline way.
Think about it like a fitness bootcamp. Information on effective diet and exercise is completely available for free all over the internet. Some people can take all that info, put it into action all on their own, and see the results they want. But many others can’t. They need something else, like a bootcamp. All the same info and eating plans that they could get for free exist in the bootcamp. Yet, a bootcamp provides a few other things like a) a more packaged and easy-to-follow plan to execute all that info, b) special motivation to get out of the rut because you’re dedicating special time and energy to a bootcamp, c) a community to do it with and bond with, d) accountability, and e) more hands-on guidance, to name a few.
PMT Challenges are like fitness bootcamps, but for style. It’s not primarily about getting new content. I always post the capsule lists here, the daily style tips can be found scattered through the thousands of posts on this blog, and while about 2/3 of the outfits in the challenge *are* new and exclusive to the challenges, I post plenty of outfit ideas here. The PMT Challenges are about having a program that’s easier to follow, special motivation to do more with your wardrobe and invest in yourself, a community of straight up amazing ladies to do it with, and more hands-on guidance. If you aren’t looking for those things, then stick with what’s here on the blog! The blog is here to be a fully-loaded resource for you to grow your style. The PMT Challenges are just another fully loaded resource that is more effective for others.
I hope that makes sense! If you’ve been working your style with the content here on the blog, then YAY! That makes me happy because that’s why I write! THANK YOU for reading, and don’t feel like you should sign up for these challenges! But, if a style bootcamp and fun style-minded community sounds up your alley, then consider joining!
HOW MUCH IS REGISTRATION?
The cost of the PMT Challenge is just $39! That’s like the cost of a shirt or two, but with this challenge you’ll actually utilize them instead of letting them sit idly in your closet! 😉
WHEN WILL IT START?
- The Spring 2018 Challenge registration opens March 8th and the challenge begins April 2nd.
- You’ll have between March 8th – April 1st to put together your capsule wardrobe using the shopping list that you receive when you register.
- The challenge will be live April 2nd to May 4th! (Meaning that’s when everyone wears the outfits!)
- “I had no idea I would enjoy this challenge so much! I’m pleased I was able to work my own style into each piece and feel like myself while also pairing together items I would never think to do myself. Definitely proof that the outfit formulas work.”
- “Tonight was my son’s Christmas Program. Most of the school moms dress up cute for the event. Last year, I was so insecure. I had nothing that looked great, and I felt just yucky going into the night. I knew I had to figure something out. I found PMT shortlya fter and started with the Spring Challenge and have followed through with the Fall and Winter. The difference between that night and tonight could not be more tangible. I could not be more grateful.”
- “My husband said that our group was better than a fashion magazine. He pointed out that the outfits in most of the mags aren’t for the average everyday person. And with this group, I get ideas on how to take trends and make them work for me.”
- “Can I just say how much I love that women of all shapes and sizes and all walks of life and with different styles are participating to do the same challenge! Love it and am so encouraged by it! Seeing mamas on the go with their little ones in the background or the random kitty joining the pic. Real life! So great!”
- “I’ve been able to identify where I was missing key pieces in my wardrobe that I needed in order to make proper outfits from all the stuff in there.”
- “I had over 10 compliments on my outfit today alone. Either I’m looking super fly or I had been looking super homeless. But either way, thank you for Putting Me Together (pun intended).” 😂
- “I’m reminded of where we started almost a year ago with the Winter Challenge [in 2017].” She along with all the girls here changed my life by instilling confidence with clothing and enthusiasm for shopping. I can’t help but pinch myself and say finally. I’ve wanted this for a very, very long time.”
- “I’ve learned that you don’t really need a lot to have a lot of options! And that planning your outfit the night before revolutionizes the next morning “
- “That a group of women who are complete strangers can be warm, positive, kind, encouraging and helpful and all of that is very good for self esteem ☺. I’ve learnt to better shop my closet, worn items I already had more, worked with a capsule, tried new things, and have bought considered pieces that will be workhorses instead of frivolous mistakes. And that posting a picture of yourself every day isn’t so scary after all!”
- “I was just thinking, I’ve followed Audrey’s blog for years and thought that I had a similar style and was doing a decent job with my wardrobe. But until this challenge I didn’t realize that I wasn’t quite following the formulas and executing the look that I wanted. This challenge really helped me step out of my comfort zone.”
- “I realized that I loved having a list and shopping for the pieces on the list. My usual way of shopping was to go to the clearance section/consignment store and pick pieces I liked. Then when I got home I didn’t have an “outfit.” In addition, I always bought the same things. Actually working through and wearing the outfits helped me see new possibilities. Many things I was sure wouldn’t work turned out to be terrific!”
- “I’ve learned that no matter age or size, we can all look great if we follow a few simple steps! Love this challenge and its followers!”
- “I wanted to take a second to tell you thank you. You have crossed generations, professions, and geographical borders. You have helped us to dress as confident versions of ourselves, and made us feel good about our own bodies. Your challenge has connected us to one another, and I have enjoyed getting to know a whole group of incredible women. You taught us some simple concepts that will continue to have a lasting impact on our daily routines. So thank you for the hours it took to set up the challenge. Thank you for the comments and words of encouragement. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us in practical ways. And most of all, thank you for making my closet a happy place again. “
I love these women, and we want YOU to participate in the next challenge so that you can join us in the Facebook group!
HOW MANY PIECES ARE NEEDED FOR THE CAPSULE? CAN I SEE THE CAPSULE WARDROBE?
It varies every challenge but is usually around 30 pieces, which includes clothing, shoes, and accessories (not handbags). Some pieces are also optional. You’ll have an extremely versatile wardrobe if you participate.
WHAT WILL THE STYLE BE LIKE?
The Challenges are usually Dressy Casual, which is right between Casual and Business Casual. That way, they can be adapted to easily swing one way or the other depending on your lifestyle.
Business casual suggestions are included in the Shopping Guide, as are more casual suggestions for some items.
HOW FLEXIBLE IS IT? (REGARDING STYLE AND SPECIFIC CLOTHING ITEMS, DURATION, NUMBER OF CLOTHING ITEMS…)
As flexible as you want it to be!
STYLE – Some people stick closely to the featured items, but each item comes with a Generalized Description so that you can choose items that better suit your style and lifestyle. For example, you can swap black jeans for office-appropriate black trousers or for more casual leggings.
DURATION – If you can’t do the challenge some days, that’s fine! Skip some days–no one’s keeping score. It’s meant to be fun!
NUMBER OF CLOTHING ITEMS – You do not have to be limited to the capsule items. You have complete freedom to use other items in your closet. The point is not at all about being a minimalist, rather it’s about growing confidence in your style.
DO I HAVE TO BUY ALL NEW ITEMS? ARE THERE PLUS, PETITE, OR TALL SIZE SHOPPING OPTIONS?
I hope you don’t have to buy all new items, but you can if you want to. You should shop your closet first to fulfill the list, then buy or borrow from friends for any holes you have, or shop at thrift stores.
If you choose to shop, every item on the list will have tons of shopping options, in addition to specified plus sized, petite sized, and tall options!
AM I “TOO OLD” TO JOIN THIS GROUP?
I have lost count of how many emails I’ve gotten saying something like, “I’m in my 60s–would this work for me?” In the last challenge we had 800+ women in the Facebook group who were in their mid 20s to mid 60s. The common factor was that they were willing to be challenged in their style and have fun with it! If you’re up for that, then this will work for you.
Hope to see you in the next challenge!
PURCHASE PAST SEASON’S CHALLENGES – DISCOUNTED
For capsule wardrobes and planned outfits from past seasons, get one of the past PMT Challenges! They are marked down from $39 to $19.99!
These challenges were originally birthed under www.stylechallenges.com.
Head to their site for more resources and other challenges.