Here’s some more summer style inspiration for you! I’m sharing a summer work capsule wardrobe and some of my favorite tips for creating a summer work wardrobe!
Workwear can feel repetitive very quickly, but when you have the right mix of pieces, you can keep feeling like your style is fresh and your confidence is high all season.
I’ll start off by sharing some tips for creating a summer work wardrobe and then share an example of a summer capsule wardrobe for work!
3 Tips for Creating a Summer Work Capsule Wardrobe
1. Start with Bottoms.
I almost always build wardrobes with bottoms first. Having a variety of bottoms makes outfits dynamic and gets you out of the “printed blouse and black pants” rut. Trust me on this one! Therefore, in the Wardrobe Checklists in the Summer Work Wardrobe & Outfit Guides, we start with bottoms first! Plan those out, then choose tops that go with your bottoms!
2. Mix up the Silhouettes of Your Bottoms.
Workwear can get really repetitive really quickly. One of the most effective ways to mix up your workwear is to change the silhouettes of the bottoms that you wear. Mixing up shapes and silhouettes adds much more variety to your outfits, so focus on adding a few standard pairs of basic skinny work pants along with varying silhouettes, like kick fit, bootcut, wide leg, and paper bag waists.
3. Go for Tops with Special Details and Prints.
To add more visual interest and life to your outfits, choose tops with special details and prints. Again, workwear can get repetitive really quickly. Including an ample amount of statement pieces will help add visual interest to outfits. In the Wardrobe Checklists inside the Summer Work Wardrobe & Outfit Guides, we walk through several different types of tops to ensure you have enough visually interesting pieces.
Now, here’s an example of a summer work capsule wardrobe. This is the example capsule wardrobe in the new Summer Wardrobe & Outfit Guide (which turns into over 100 outfits)!
You can use this example as a template to create your own work wardrobe! And, if you’d like more step-by-step guidance, grab the Summer Wardrobe & Outfit Guide for Work!
Not only will it help you build a fantastic work wardrobe, it will also give you 100+ outfit ideas AND 8 weeks of planned outfits so you don’t have to think about what to wear every day! Our members love this feature as it removes the mental load of deciding what to wear and allows them to get dressed quickly while feeling confident and ready for work!
Inside each guide, you’ll find:
- Customizable step-by-step wardrobe-building guidance for building a great, easy-to-use, and insanely versatile wardrobe with pieces from your existing wardrobe. You’ll learn how to use your favorite items, fill the holes in your closet, and build your best wardrobe yet. We do the thinking and strategizing so you don’t have to!
- A Wardrobe Checklist & a list of items with key building blocks for a great wardrobe and details about what to consider adding to your wardrobe. Planning your wardrobe has never been easier!
- An Outfit Calendar with 8 weeks of weekday outfits planned for you so you don’t have to think about what to wear! Get out of the style rut, stop wearing the same outfits over and over, and make better use of your clothes. All with less time and energy!
- An Outfit Catalog with 100 outfit ideas that you can create with your small but mighty wardrobe. It includes Casual and Elevated Casual Outfits as well as Weekend and Date Looks.
- BONUS: access to a complimentary Shopping Link Database with links to exact or similar pieces for straight, plus sizes, and petite so you can just “add to cart!”
“Just started working my way through the outfit guide & wardrobe guide. Omg they are incredibly amazing! Audrey, you clearly put in so much effort and they are just SO incredibly helpful (and beautiful!). It’s so easy now to put an outfit together, and I also appreciate how the shopping links are pretty affordable. It’s all just wonderful. Thank you!” – Laney
Make getting dressed each morning a breeze! Grab a copy of the Summer Wardrobe & Outfit Guides HERE!