First, if you’re on Bloglovin’ yesterday’s business casual outfit post didn’t show up. Again. Kinda frustrating, but it is what it is. Catch it here: https://www.puttingmetogether.com/2014/01/interviewer.html.
I was browsing Target’s clothing earlier this week, which is something I haven’t done in a while. Okay, well, a couple of weeks, but that’s “a while” for me! I don’t know about you, but when I’m at Target’s clothing section often I get spoiled and bored seeing the same things. (Well, that’s probably true for any store one frequents.) Not my favorite associations with Target. So sometimes I try to restrain myself from looking at the clothing section just so I can be really excited when they put new stuff out. Since it had been a while this time, I was having fun looking at the stuff that’s out!
I picked up 3 things, none of which are online right now. Bummer! But I saw a bunch of other stuff in the process too. Here they are below:
Many of them come in different prints and colors and petites and plus.
Options 1 & 2
– Great options for office or weekends. These come in 4 different prints, including the two shown above, a green one, and animal print. They are easy for the weekend paired with jeans of any cut (preferably straight or skinny) and colored flats. Or a blazer or tucked into a skirt for an office.
– Comes in 5 colors, some solids some other prints. I really like it in the darker floral print too. Easy peasy option to look cute without having to think much about it!
– My beloved lace tank
! I have it in white and black and have absolutely no regrets. I can’t believe it’s STILL in store, which maybe I should believe because it’s THAT awesome. Warning: these do run short. For reference, I’m 5’6″ but I have a short torso. Perfect for me, but maybe not if you have a longer (or even a normal) torso.
– Comes in maroon too. The metallic detail is a nice touch! Great under a blazer or a cardigan. Can be paired with jeans or tucked into a pleated a-line skirt for a party or a pencil skirt for an office.
– I’m not sure about the material on this top. But I like the idea of it a lot. Cute, subtle print, in a fun color. Can’t go wrong with that.
– Oxford blazer that comes in 7 colors! I really like the sort of rounded bottom and seaming around the bust. A one-button blazer might be better for those of us with smaller chests (according to Stacy and Clinton, at least) so if you’re bustier this might not be the best option.
– I remember a couple of years ago looking ALL OVER for an affordable striped blazer, and now there’s a lot of options. This is a great one! I like that it’s not quite white and black, but the contrast is a little more subdued appearing more like grey.
If you’ve got any leads to other great items floating around right now (from any store, not just Target) please share!