Hi! I’m excited to announce that PMT FINALLY got a redesign! It doesn’t actually *look* that different, but what I’m most excited about is how much easier it should be for you to use and find what you’re looking for.
I treat PMT like an archive full of style resources. But after 6+ years of blogging, there’s now soooo much info on this site that it’s been difficult for yall to find what you’re looking for or to even know if I’ve written about a topic in the past. Some of your most asked questions were answered in posts that were buried deep in the archives and hard to find. It was time for a blog redesign, not just to make the blog look better, but to better organize all this info!
So, let me point out some changes!
MENU BAR IS BETTER ORGANIZED
The menubar is now organized differently and includes dropdown menus.
- Under “Build Your Wardrobe” you can find different groupings of resources that would help you build your wardrobe, such as the Building a Remixable Wardrobe Series, the Wardrobe From Scratch Series, all my Capsule Wardrobes and packing posts, a page from which you can shop my closet staples, and all my shopping reviews.
- “Style Help” houses my Style Tips and How-To posts (like How to Wear Ankle Boots With Jeans or How I Stay Warm in the Winter) and is where you can go immediately to see if I’ve written a post that answers a burning style question you have. You can also find my “specialty” outfits (i.e. not my everyday casual looks) like Business Casual outfits, Wedding Guest and Special Occasion outfits, Maternity Style, and Nursing Friendly outfits.
- “Packing & Travel Tips” highlights my packing posts as well as posts that include my packing essentials. I travel quite a bit and have it down to a science!
- “Shop” has my closet staples page again, all past Gift Guides, and a couple of posts with advice for smart shopping.
- The “PMT Style Challenges” tab will eventually include direct links to more challenges as they continue to happen. You can currently access the Fall Challenge Capsule Shopping List through there.
- Soon I will add a “Holiday” tab that will include links to individual holiday gift guides as well as a new series I will be doing on holiday outfits and holiday dressing! A few gift guides will come out in the next couple of weeks, but I’m hoping to give you one ultimate gift guide index before Black Friday in case you want to shop for gifts!
TAGS LAYOUT IS NOW VISUAL
Did you know I categorize all my posts by topic AND by items I’m wearing? That way you can easily search for similar posts or for all the other ways I’ve worn an item. Like, if you want to see all my remixing posts, you can find them under the One Piece Many Ways tag (which I also happened to feature at the top menubar). Or, if you want to see all my outfits with black skinny jeans, you can look for the black skinny jeans tag.
Those tags have always been on my blog (housed in the righthand sidebar under “Search By Clothing Item.”) But the big change here is that before, when you clicked into a tag, you had to scroll, scroll, and scroll through the many different posts on that topic or tag to find a specific post you were looking for. Or worse, you had to read tons of different text descriptions and click through each of them to see if you found what you were looking for.
Now, all posts are laid out visually in a grid. This makes it quicker and easier to scan and find what you’re looking for. If you look through all my One Piece Many Ways posts you can instantly SEE what piece we’re remixing, rather than reading a text description of it. Similarly, with my Style Tips and How-To posts you can instantly SEE what each post is about, and you can scan it more easily than before since they’re laid out in a grid of snapshots.
OTHER SEARCH FUNCTIONS
I’ll be refining and adding more features over time to make search easier. Like, the Archives search box on the righthand sidebar will get updated, as will the “Search By Clothing Item” index. For now, the menubar at the top should pull out all the major things you’d want to search on PMT.
Thanks in advance for your patience as bugs continue to get fixed. Currently troubleshooting:
- Broken links for past pages
- Syncing all old comments via Disqus
- Some minor aesthetic things and sprucing things up a bit more
But overall, I am very excited to have this be a better organized resource to help you with your style!