I don’t know about you, but I take a ton of trips. Some are personal, and some are for work, but even for work, more often than not the trips are to a retreat site. That means I’m usually in casual attire, dressing for an airplane or for mountainy or dirt-filled terrain.
There are a few tried and true pieces I’ve come to love while traveling, and you’re looking at a lot of them rolled up into this outfit.
1. Striped tee. I’m a broken record–it’s the comfort of your favorite plain lounge-around-the-house tee but provides more visual interest because it has a pattern. And plus, stripes. Heart eyes all day. ALL DAY. Also, it’s one of my most versatile pieces so it can be worn later in other outfits. THIS ONE looks extremely similar to the one I’m wearing and is under $10! THIS is also pretty close.
2. Comfortable jeans. I usually wear skinny jeans, but since I scored these boyfriend jeans they’re the new hotness in my wardrobe.
3. Catch-all bag. I usually go neutral and large enough to carry travel essentials, but not so large that it’d be overkill for day-to-day activities during the trip. I usually take my reversible tote (in black/cognac, but there’s a cute cognac/aqua one too!) or the Lily Jade bag in these pics since it doubles as a diaper bag. You can also wear it as a crossbody or backpack (like I wore HERE) which means I can baby carry on the front and wear the diaper bag on the back to be completely hands free. The best!
4. TOMS. Fact: I hate wearing socks and avoid those little suffocating monsters whenever possible. Sadly, often on these kinds of trips I need closed toed shoes. That’s where TOMS come in. If I can get away with it weather-wise I will opt for TOMS over other sneakers every time.
5. Cargo jacket. I used to always travel with a cardigan, but lately the cargo jacket has been my perfect completer piece for traveling–especially with a tiny human in tow. A cargo jacket is lightweight but durable for a certain slobbery fingered, grabby hands cutie pie, and the pockets are key for easy to grab necessities. See a bunch of options below!