The last few days have been really warm where I live, which has gotten me thinking about my summer wardrobe. With Memorial Day sales going on this weekend, my team and I have rounded up a few highlights from our favorite stores!
As always, I want to encourage you to take advantage of the sales—don’t let them take advantage of you. Sales are great to help you build a wardrobe for less (duh), but they can also entice you to buy a bunch of stuff you don’t need (eek)!
So, I really encourage you to take a moment to create an intentional list of what you need to build your summer wardrobe.
A few ways to shop intentionally:
- Download the free Summer Starter Kit Wardrobe Checklist to create a plan for your wardrobe.
- Or grab the brand new 2nd Edition Summer Starter Kit Wardrobe Guide for the entire easy-to-follow plan to build a versatile, mix-and-match summer wardrobe (plus all the outfits you can create with it)! It comes with its own bonus shopping guide with links to items, and this weekend is a great time to use it!
Before you dive into sales, take a few moments to plan SOMETHING, whether it’s digging through one of the resources above or even if it’s just 10 minutes to quickly jot down some pieces you need!
Memorial Day Sales
Check out some of the highlights that are in the widgets below. Swipe through each and click on a product to shop!
SIZING INFO: I’m 5’6″ and usually S/M or 6 in clothes, 8.5 to 9 in shoes. If I own or have tried an item, I note the sizing in the comments in the widget.
Nordstrom – Half-Yearly Sale – Up to 60% Off
Nordstrom doesn’t do Memorial Day Sales, but they do run their Half-Yearly Sale at the same time! Some notable items are:
- COMFY B.P. Sleep Top – that you can also pair with jeans. I wear size S.
- PMT favorite Zella joggers – on sale in a fun light blue. They have a sporty feel and are very soft, stretchy, and comfy! I wear size S.
- Studio Lite Zella Leggings – Lighter weight leggings that are a tad thinner than the standard leggings and better for warmer weather. I wear size S.
- Ruched Side Sleeveless Dress – on sale in a few select colors. This dress is surprisingly flattering for lots of body shapes and sizes because of the ruched sides!
Scroll through the widget below for more from Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale, or check out alllllll the items yourself, HERE.
Gap – 50% off tees, tanks, shorts + 40% off everything else with code SUNNY + extra 10% off with code ADDIT
Lots of good basics on sale! Notable items:
- Linen Muscle Blend Tank – Lightweight, good drape, breathes well to keep you cool. Several colors. Runs large. I wear size XS as it runs quite large.
- TENCEL Straight Leg Pants – 40% off plus extra 10% off with the special codes SUNNY and ADDIT. These are SO GOOD for summer! I wish they came in more colors! They are VERY lightweight, VERY soft and comfy, and really breathable. I’ve worn them on super hot days this week and have been very, very impressed and grateful that I have them! Waistband is also fully elastic. I wear size 6. Note: There is slight pleating around the hips which is great for straighter figures but can add too much material and bunch oddly on other figures. I typically have a hard time with pleats, but this is juuuust manageable enough for me, haha! Plus, the comfort trumps everything.
- Tiered Midi Dress – I LOVE this thing! Offers a little shape while still being comfy, and POCKETS! The full price is tough to swallow, but with the 40% off + extra 10% off codes, it’s totally worth it! I wear size S.
- Kick Fit Jeans – 40% off plus extra 10% off with codes listed on the product page! Comfy with a good amount of stretch but still holds you in to feel secure. I was surprised how much I liked these! I wear size 28/6.
You can see me wearing ALL of those pieces in collage of outfits at the top of this blog post!
Kohl’s – select styles on sale through 5/30
I LOVE how good some of the items are, and for SUCH low prices when they run sales! I don’t have a TON from there yet, though I’m about to place a big order this weekend to try a bunch of other stuff, but some notable items for now are:
- Sonoma Goods 4″ Shorts – Comfy, STRETCHY jeans at a super affordable price. I wear size 6. Several washes available.
- Sonoma Goods Bermuda Shorts – Also stretchy and affordable! The denim is fairly thin (same with the pair above), but that is not surprising given their price points and how stretchy the denim is. Several colorways available. Some of the lower rating reviews were due to the legs being too wide. I sized down to 4 for that reason. Also, that should tell you that these might be better if you have fuller thighs.
- Sweatshirt – LOVE this thing! It’s VERY comfy in the sense that even though it’s not fuzzy inside, the whole thing is soft and moves with you really well. The material is a great weight for summer evenings. I wear size S.
- Ruffle Sleeve Top – In my cart right now. Love that it functions like a tank top but offers a little volume at the sleeves.
- New York & Co T-Strap Sandals – Also in my cart. I’ve needed to replace my pair, and these look like a great option. This style goes with EVERYTHING!
- Graphic Muscle Tank – In my cart. I love this type of tank with shorts for super casual summer days.
- Land’s End Dress – Looks COMFY and professional! Great for summer work outfits, a dressy casual event or church.
- Simply Vera Pull-On Shorts – Not sure these will work out as they seem wide in the leg, but you never know, so I ordered them to try. They look so comfy!
LOTS more good options in the widget below too!
DSW – Up to 60% off through 5/29
Great place to get summer sandals and other summer shoes! Most notably, the PMT fan-fave Tulum Crocs sandals are on sale in a few colors, HERE! Unfortunately, since these are so popular, the sizes will probably be very limited, but you can try and see what you can get. Comfy with a squishy rubber footbed, and since they’re rubber, they work for the pool, beach, lake, etc. but they also work as your everyday sandals with shorts, dresses, skirts, and pants. I own them in lots of colors, haha! I wear size 8. (See the black pair on me in the pic at the top of this post w/ black shorts and a brown tank.)
More from DSW:
Banana Republic Factory – 50-70% off everything + extra 15% off everything and extra 50% off clearance!
I’ve said multiple times how impressed I am with Banana Republic Factory’s clothes, and for how freaking inexpensive they are when they run these huge 50-70% off sales! They are AMAZINGGGGGGG deals for the quality of clothes you’re getting!
Note that Banana Republic Factory is under Banana Republic, but they are different stores that carry different inventory. Banana Republic FACTORY is much more casual and relaxed, which is definitely the PMT vibe. The price points are also much more in line with PMT, and they are INCREDIBLE during the 50%+ off sales!
And remember! If you get free shipping with Old Navy’s Rewards program, you also get free shipping & free return shipping with Banana Republic Factory. So, you can order items to try without risk!
I haven’t tried anything from BRF lately, but fortunately most of their items have TONS of reviews to help you. Check out some of the awesome things below.
Also, there aren’t any men’s items in the widget, but I LOVE Banana Republic Factory’s men’s clothes. See those HERE.
Old Navy – entire store on sale + 60% off select summer items
Soooo many things on sale, but definitely grab the StretchTech joggers! Sporty and LIGHTWEIGHT. One of my go-to pants in the summer! I am between sizes S and M. In the image at the top of this post, I’m wearing them in green in size M.
JCPenney – Extra 25% Off with Code COOL25
Grab your copy of the brand new 2nd Edition Summer Starter Kit Wardrobe Guide for a quick and easy way to look good this summer!
You’ll get a list, a plan, and a wardrobe strategy to create a super versatile mix-and-match starter kit work wardrobe and an outfit catalog with 35 freshly updated outfits that you can create from it! Get your copy, HERE!