- Memorial Day at Children’s Hospital – This weekend we’ll be preparing a meal for 150-200 families at the Children’s Hospital. Several years ago, our good friends’ oldest son was born at 7 months and spent the first couple of months out of the womb in the NICU at the Ronald McDonald Children’s Hospital. It was a scary time for our friends, but their son is now 5 years old, a ball of passionate energy, and thriving. Every year on Memorial Day weekend, to celebrate their son’s birthday, they invite friends to cook a nice meal for other families who currently have children in the hospital. We have gone for the last few years and love it!
- Interior Decorating – Our house is a hodgepodge of different styles as our tastes have changed over the years but we haven’t known how to pull together a cohesive style–or even what our new style is. It sounds a LOT like emails I get from people asking about how to build a cohesive wardrobe, but I haven’t been able to translate that to interior style. *crycrycry* We’ve tried a site where you can hire someone to do it for you virtually, but we didn’t like what they did. We’re currently working through a system that a friend wrote on how to find your signature style. It’s a slowww process for us because we’re not solely focusing on it, but it’s a frequent topic in our household these days!
- Summer Wardrobe Plan (so far…) – Have I mentioned how much I hate summer clothes? And how this section of my closet needs a LOT of work? I’m still doing lots of shopping/trying to find the right pieces, but generally, here’s the plan. I’m looking for several basic shorts that I don’t hate as my staples are lacking–like I said, this whole section of my wardrobe needs a ton of work. I want several statement sandals, since I can’t rely on layers in the summer to change up looks. For tops, 2-4 of each of these: flowy cotton tanks, loose printed tees, and flowy tops like the red and black printed ones above. When I wear shorts I just want flowy, flowy, flowy on top! And then some jersey dresses of course! I can make a collage of this soon, but for now see item examples through Memorial Day sales below.
- Black Printed Top Remix (coming soon) –
In case it’s not obvious, I’m a little obsessed with that red printed top. I’m planning on doing a remix with the black printed top, but more low key with just mirror selfies! Catch the red top remix HERE.
- Hair Post? – I loved hearing your responses about the makeup post! I had several requests about doing a similar one for hair products. I don’t think I could pull together a tutorial with pics of how I curl it, but I can whip up a collage of products. My hair routine is REALLYYYYYY simple though. 🙂
Here’s what’s been happening lately on Instagram (@puttingmetogether) and Facebook. Whether or not you follow on either of those, you can see the outfits as they’re posted (instead of waiting for these roundups) here on the blog over on the righthand sidebar. If you click those images, you can also shop the outfits–no need to sign up for @liketoknow.it!
I post many outfits on Instagram that never make it to the blog apart from these roundups. And often by the time I post them here, the sales aren’t happening or they’re sold out. So, make sure to glance over to the righthand sidebar every once in a while!
For sizing reference, I’m 5’6″ with a short torso, and normally size S/M or 6/8.
- Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale – Up to 40% off through June 4. Shop all their sale items HERE.
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off everything! Great basic pieces, and some basic pieces with subtle but special details to take them up just a notch. They make “normal” basics really cute! Shop everything HERE.
- LOFT – 40% off everything. Really cute tops, dresses, and shorts. Shop them HERE.
- ModCloth – Up to 30% off. My favorite place for unique dresses, including nursing-friendly dresses, skirts, and unique tops. Shop the sale HERE.
- Shorts: denim shorts, distressed medium wash shorts, white denim shorts, chambray shorts, olive shorts, colored shorts(?)
- Dresses: a couple of solid jersey dresses–at least one with some more seaming or details; a couple of printed jersey or cotton casual dresses; maybe one semi-dressy dress?
- Tops: 2-4 of each of these: flowy cotton tanks, loose printed tees (like striped or floral or anything), and flowy tops like the red and black printed ones above
- Skirts: Haven’t thought through this well yet. But probably two solid casual skirts, 1-2 printed casual skirts
- Sandals: a couple pairs of simple neutral sandals, a couple pairs of strappy neutral sandals, one pair of colorful sandals, one pair of leopard print sandals
Any fun plans for Memorial Day weekend? Will you be shopping any sales, and if so, what’s on your list?