A lot has been going on the last few months, but I haven’t felt like I’ve had the right space to keep you all updated about it. (Maybe I’m weird, but for some reason I don’t like writing long updates in a random OOTD post, and the rest of my posts are already pretty content heavy.) I’ve seen several other bloggers expand their Instagram outfit roundups to include roundups of blog posts from the week as well as updates of their lives behind the scenes. I loved that idea and thought it would be a great way to keep you all more updated. Let me know what you think!
- I’m back at work after a 6-month sabbatical. It’s been a somewhat shocking transition to juggle work and blogging again. It’s especially full during this initial entry back because I have to catch up on what I’ve missed for the last 6 months! If I haven’t responded to your messages as usual or am posting less around here, it’s safe to assume it’s because I’m trying to adapt to having two jobs again, haha. Thanks in advance for your patience too!
- Benson’s New Job – Three months ago, Benson got a new job which he was totally made to do–so cool! He used to work from home, but his new job now entails about a 1-hr commute each way. For the last few months our family has been adjusting to how that affects family life–not to mention how it’s affected blogging for me. He’s not around to take my pictures anymore–yikes!
- Floral Top Remix (coming soon) – At last, I’ve got another remix coming your way! Like I said earlier, with Benson no longer working from home, picture taking has become difficult. Thankfully we were able to take pics this weekend and I’ve got a remix coming soon with a top I’m really excited about! See all my past One Piece Many Ways posts HERE.
- Daily Makeup Routine (coming soon) – I finally found a makeup routine that stays on for the day instead of sliding off my face or disappearing. It’s a mix of a handful of high-end products with mostly low-end drug store items, and I’m excited to share it!
- Retreat in the Mountains – Within just two days of being back at work, I went on a 3-day work retreat. Luckily I was able to bring Addie because Benson had to go on a business trip during the same time. We drove up to the mountains, and besides the fact that she totally threw up on the way there (a whole cup of milk and cheese–so gross!), she and I both loved being there. There was snow while we were up there! Below is a pic of her (and her pink little puppy) all bundled up!
For sizing reference, I’m 5’6″ with a short torso, and normally size S/M or 6/8.
Before reading style blogs and before having my own, I would never have paired colors that were so close to each other. Maroon with light pink was one of the first times I ever tried it, and though that was years ago, I still love it to this day!