1. Paired With Light Neutral Bottoms. Light colored jeans brighten up chambray for spring! I added some dimension by leaving the chambray top open and layering a tank top underneath as well as adding some pattern with a scarf.
2. Paired With Colored Jeans. Pair chambray with any bottoms of any color—red, green, yellow, coral, you name it. Sometimes solid on solid can look a little plain, so incorporate some pattern or interest in small ways with accessories. Here I added pattern with a scarf, but if it’s too warm for a scarf go for a statement necklace instead. Or add pattern in your shoes!
3. Tied Over a Flowy Skirt. Pair a chambray top with a light, flowy skirt. It’ll add an airiness to heavier chambray texture, making it great for spring. If it looks alright on your body shape, try tying it over the skirt to define your waist. If tying shirts doesn’t work for you, try tucking it and add a belt if it still doesn’t look right.
4. Paired With Bright or Patterned Shorts. Of course chambray would be great with shorts, especially in the spring closer to summer. The long sleeves will give you some warmth on top while letting your legs breathe and soak up the sun. Try it with shorts of any kind, whether solid or patterned. (See two pics down for an example with patterned shorts.) For the look shown here I added a striped shirt underneath so that a little pattern would peek through the otherwise all-solids outfit.
5. Paired With a Patterned Skirt. I often have people ask what else they could pair with their patterned skirts besides a solid white or black tee, and my first response is always to try it with chambray. Chambray is pretty much like your favorite pair of blue jeans but for your top half. Essentially it goes with any pattern or color on bottom, just like blue jeans would go with pretty much any colored or patterned top. For skirts, again, you could tie or tuck the top, depending on what looks better with your body shape.
7. Layered Under or Over a Dress. I borrowed this look from the fall version of the chambray remix because I think it works for spring too. Layer a chambray top under a dress like in the pic above or tie it over a dress. Experiment with dresses of any color or pattern. It’s cute tied over a floral maxi dress! (I wish I had an example pic of that, but I can’t do the tying thing with my growing baby bump!)
What pairing will you try next with your chambray top?