Can we try something new? There have been a few things I’ve wanted info on and thought some of you might have great advice to give. Like, a while ago when I posted about designer jeans you guys had some really helpful things to say!
I’m hoping today’s post will be a sort of forum where interested readers and I can glean from those of you who have more experience in this area: WATCHES!
Growing up I wore a watch as if it were glued to my wrist. I wore it so much that I developed a watch tan so good you would have thought I was wearing a white watch. (I know you’re jealous of my stylish watch tan, but what you should really be jealous of is my dope sock tan!)
Thanks to a gift from Daniel Wellington I’ve gotten *really* addicted to having a watch again. I often wear my black DW watch even though it doesn’t go with my outfits–haha!–because I’m a little compulsive about knowing the time.
Now I’m looking at a BUNCH of watches, mostly gold watches like THESE and ones with leather bands in more colors like THESE.
Questions – Help a Sister Out!
But first, I have some questions. Hence the “forum” aspect. I haven’t worn watches since I was a kid/teenager and therefore don’t know if there are features, whether regarding design or function, that I should pay attention to.
- Overall, how do you decide on which watch to get? I’m looking into a gold one AND a non-black leather one, since my DW watch is black leather.
- Are there functions or features to look out for, or do you have advice when inspecting quality?
- Anything I should know about the size of watch faces? How big or small is TOO big or small that it will look awkward on your wrist? I tend to like medium/larger faced watches. What’s your preference and WHY?
- What is a typical amount you pay for watch resizing? I called two places yesterday, and one said $7-8 while the other said from $10-20. What’s your average?
- What are your favorite watch brands and WHY? I’m absolutely stinking in LOVE with Kate Spade watches. I’m deciding between the Metro watch in either blush/taupe or white. I also think the 5 O’Clock Metro Watch is so, so cute, or this Seaport Grand Gold Watch.
Or is it really as simple as every watch is basically the same, just choose a design you like? They’re just sort of big purchases, so I want to be more informed as I make decisions!
Links to Shop:
Here are a few watches I’ve been looking at. My mom never knows what to get me for gifts and somehow tries to buy me an iPad every year, even though I don’t feel like I need one. I think one of these watches would be fantastic instead. I’m also going to receive a Shopbop gift card to review their shopping experience/service, so my first thought was to put it towards a new watch.
I’d love to hear any advice you have, your own experience with watches, or any questions you have that someone else might be able to answer!