Today I’m updating a popular previous gift guide to highlight some gift ideas for the traveler! I love to start the gift guide series with this one in case you’re traveling and are looking for some recs that make your travel experience way more convenient, too!
I used to travel on average 12x per year for at least 10 years, so I became a packing whiz! Most of the items below are my favorite items that have endured years of heavy travel and make traveling and packing more convenient and efficient. I also included a few of my husband’s favorites as well as other items that look like good options, (but that I might not personally own). While I don’t travel nearly as much anymore (hello, different job, 3 kids, and pandemic 🤪), I am still so glad for these products anytime we do travel!
- Packing Cubes – Game changers! We’ve gifted these many times, and EVERYONE reports how life changing they are after they finally use them. Keeps your whole suitcase organized and makes traveling less stressful. Can throw these in the washing machine! This brand is also AMAZING. I’ve used the SAME SET for OVER 15 years with heavy travel, and they are still going strong!
- Toiletry Bag – Not the prettiest, but I owned this for 12 years (!!!) with LOTS of use, and it totally held up until just this past year. 12 colors, 3 sizes available. I own Medium. If you’re looking for one that stands on its own, try this toiletry organizer instead.
- Jewelry Travel Organizer – My favorite travel jewelry organizer because it has a huge panel for all my Nickel & Suede earrings! 😀
- Selfie Stand w/ Remote – Yep, I travel with this now and I bust it out for lots of group pics. My friend brought this out to take a group pic, and I instantly bought my own. Really lightweight but gets pretty tall. The remote is super helpful and very easy to use! And under $24 with 67,000+ reviews and 4.6 stars!
- Nickel & Suede Lightweight Leather Earrings – SO lightweight and comfy to wear all day. I barely feel them, so they allow me to still feel decently put together while traveling without slowing me down! So many styles, beautifully made, super great quality.
- Clothing Steamer – Portable steamer ensures you look your best even while living out of a suitcase.
- Mother Lode Luggage – Our favorite luggage when traveling with kids. Top half is soft shell, bottom half is hard cased with adjustable organization compartments.
- Mother Lode Weekender Backpack– Carry-on volume backpack allows you to travel handsfree. Great reviews! Benson had one of these until we had kids and needed bigger bags. Slightly smaller version HERE.
- GoToobs – BEST travel tubes. Don’t leak, easy to clean.
- Belt Bag / Sling / Fanny Pack– This has become my go-to bag instead of crossbodies. I throw it around my shoulder instead of around my waist. Affordable and TONS of colors! If we’re traveling through an airport (with 3 kids!) this is really helpful to keep all my essentials close and accessible, without having to sling something heavy like a tote over my shoulder or dig through an overstuffed backpack.
- Portable Phone Charger – So practical, and anyone who is on the go constantly has been grateful we gifted them one of these. Gifted the older version of this to a friend who is always out and about so he couldn’t charge his phone, and it changed his world.
- Hair Ties – Hair ties? YES. Traveling requires lots of movement, especially with 3 kids, so a hair tie that keeps things out of your face is essential. The hair ties I’ve been using for nearly a couple of years. These are pricey BUT they keep your hair in place! Even my smooth, sleek hair that falls out of other hair ties.
- Everyday Reversible Tote – If you need a tote, I’ve owned this one for years, and it’s been all over the country with me. It’s reversible, so you get two bags in one.
- Reusable Lidded Bowls – Leakproof bowl great for anyone who carries lunch or meals on the go. (Psst… great for teachers!) 3 colors.
- Portable Air Purifier – I don’t own this, but it has great reviews. Small and battery operated, so you can take it to travel on flights, use in the car, or use in any room in your house to purify the air (which can help with allergies sometimes too!) There is a white one HERE and black one HERE.
- 2-Port FAST Car Charger for iPhones and iPads – We use this, and it has 2 ports and charges *quickly.* 4,600+ awesome reviews. My mom got one after using ours, and it was a huge game changer. (It was painfully slow trying to charge directly from her car otherwise!)
- Hydroflask Water Bottle – My favorite! Keeps water cold and keeps you hydrated while traveling.
- Tile Mate Bluetooth Tracker – Use it to find your keys, bag, or even phone. 4.5 stars with 27,600+ ratings.
- Faux Leather Backpack – I use this as an everyday backpack when I’m running around with kids. While the quality is fine but not spectacular, what I especially like about this one is that the zipper opening is on the BACK side. That means I never worry that someone might unzip my backpack behind me, which I find even more important while traveling. I own the color “Retro Brown 1” which has a pretty good-looking finish. However, other finishes are a little plastic-looking, so just beware. Another option for a great travel backpack is THIS one, which doesn’t look pretty but has AMAZING reviews!
- Travel Pillow w/ Face Hole – Looks so funny, but lots of people like it! Allows you to sleep face down without as much strain on your neck. Inflatable, so it deflates to become very compact.
- Slim Pocket Wallet – Cut the bulk and travel lighter. My husband doesn’t own this exact one, but something similar. He prefers to travel as light as possible. 1,990+ great reviews.
- Kindle Oasis – Appreciated by any avid reader because you don’t have to lug around a ton of books while traveling.
For 150+ more tried & true favorite gift ideas, head over to The PMT Holiday Gift Guide!
The PMT Holiday Gift Guide is LIVE! Head over to get 150+ tried & true favorite gift ideas all in one place.
New items will be added in the Fresh Finds section through out the holiday season, too, so you can come back to it over and over for new ideas!
See some of our very favorite products for women, men, kids, families, home goods, beauty and accessories, and more. Head to the PMT Holiday Gift Guide!