Man, you guys. I love fall. It’s still in the high 70’s to low 80’s here, and though I try to be grateful for our weather I’m also yearning to dress in some more layers.
One thing I really love about fall is adding tights and boots to every dress I own. Does it get old? Err, nope! Not to me, at least. 🙂 Every time I shop online I’m immediately drawn to dresses! Below are a bunch that would be great for fall, and I broke them up into three different categories to make the spread a little less overwhelming. These make me want to step on some crunchy leaves with my boots!
I own two, though I don’t think I’ve ever blogged them. I bought them years before I started blogging and wore them all the time, and when I shifted my style I somehow thought shirt dresses weren’t cool enough to wear. Not true at all! And I really, really miss them!
– I’ve wanted an olive shirt dress for years. This one is from Old Navy, so you can bet I’m gonna go check it out. I would pair it with booties, boots (of course) or red flats.
– This is so cute. Also comes in blue with tiny dots on it!
– This chambray shirt dress has tiny dots all over it too. I don’t think I could pull it off, but I think it’d be adorable on other people.
– A printed shirt dress is a really fun way to liven up a shirt dress. While this is an all-over print, the black and white color scheme keeps it from being overwhelming. Pair it with colorful pumps or of course, a sleek boot.
– Very adorable chambray dress! Another dress that’s great with boots and a cardigan or colored flats and a cardigan or blazer.
– I’ve always wanted a sweater dress but haven’t been able to justify it living where I live. It would hardly get worn! But, sweater dresses and boots? <3
– Fall dresses can still be colorful and cute! This one would pair so well with cardigans and boots, and it’ll transition really well to other seasons.
– Um, polka dot sweater dress? Enough said.
– This dress comes in a bunch of different colors, my favorites being the grey shown above and maroon. Not only would this work for an office setting, but I think with some shiny jewelry and the right shoes you could wear this to a fall wedding.
– This is a great fall dress that could be worn with heels (and tights if needed) for an office or with riding boots and a denim jacket or cardigan to be more casual.
– This is on sale with an additional 40% off! It’ll pair great with a blazer and can be worn in multiple seasons depending on how you layer it.
– Same styling ideas as above. This dress and Option 3 can both be styled for events outside the office, like bridal showers or running errands.
Personally, I think a shirt dress is moving up the priority ladder on my shopping list this fall!