Hi friends! I’m soooo excited to introduce a new collection of guides that I’ve been working on–the Starter Kit Wardrobe Guides!
A couple months ago I was shocked when I took an Instastories survey asking how many women recently had to build a wardrobe from scratch, or at least a section of it. I thought the percentage would be small, but instead, 55% of people responded yes! It was because all the life changes like entering the work force, career changes, leaving jobs to be home with kids, returning to work when kids have grown, pregnancies, breastfeeding, and changes in weight create a need for a new wardrobe. And in our lifetime we can go through several of those transitions and need a wardrobe adjustment several times.
But, if you’ve ever tried to build a wardrobe from scratch, you know it can be stinking overwhelming!
I’ve written a series on building a Wardrobe From Scratch, created capsule wardrobes with 35-50+ pieces to build a wardrobe, and write a lot of other content to help people build wardrobes. But I’ve realized that lists of 35-50 clothing items can be daunting when you’re starting from nothing. It takes so much time and energy to find even ONE item, let alone 35! And let’s not even talk about the money it costs!
To make the process of building a wardrobe less overwhelming and way more attainable, I started a new collection called the Starter Kit Wardrobe Guides!
If you’ve needed to build a wardrobe from scratch but have felt overwhelmed by huge lists of clothes or just haven’t known where to start, the Starter Kit Wardrobe Guide is for you!
WHAT’S A STARTER KIT WARDROBE?
Instead of trying to build a full wardrobe all at once, these guides help you build Starter Kit Wardrobes to build small, steadily, and strategically. A Starter Kit Wardrobe is a smaller collection of strategically chosen pieces that you’ll be able to remix and wear it now and will serve as a killer foundation for a fuller wardrobe in the future.
THE COLLECTION OF STARTER KIT WARDROBE GUIDES
The guides will be broken up by Style Profiles + Seasons. This is to minimize the number of clothes you need to focus on and make it less overwhelming. I’ve only created one guide so far, which is for an Everyday Casual Spring wardrobe. I’ll be working on guides for Everyday Casual Summer, Fall, and Winter wardrobes as well guides for Business Casual Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter wardrobes. Guides for each Style Profile will all work together across seasons and have overlapping pieces as seasons allow!
THE TWO PHASES
These guides will help you build a Starter Kit Wardrobe in two phases:
Phase 1 – Core Pieces & 9 Outfits
- Identifies 9 Core Pieces + 5 Accessories to get your wardrobe started for the current season
- Shows 9 Outfit Ideas + Style Tips
- At the end of Phase 1 you will have a compact and functional wardrobe. If you’re content at this stage, you can stop here for a while! If and when you’re ready to expand, move on to Phase 2.
Phase 2 – Additional Basics to Build Out Your Wardrobe
- Identifies key Additional Basics as your next step for expanding your wardrobe
- Shows just 1-2 types of pieces to get next for more Everyday Casual outfits, Dressy Casual outfits, or Athleisure outfits
- Shows 13 more Outfit Ideas if you add just a few more pieces
- List of clothes and accessories to get your wardrobe started for the current season
- Shopping links to exact or similar pieces (updated weekly during the 3 months of the current season). Plus size options available!
- Guidance for building Everyday Casual, Dressy Casual, and Athleisure sections of your wardrobe
- 22 Outfit Ideas: 14 Everyday Casual, 3 Athleisure, 5 Dressy Casual
- Style Tips to learn to put together the outfits
HOW DOES THIS COMPARE TO PMT CHALLENGES?
I created these because I saw how overwhelming it was for women there to try go from zero pieces to 35 in a PMT Challenge all in one swoop. One, it’s a lot of shopping. Two, it’s a lot of money. Three, 35 pieces and 60 something outfits is overkill for most people who are starting from scratch. Four, even though the challenges are pretty casual, some of the outfits are still too fancy for a lot of people who are used to not getting dressed at all–it’s too big of a leap. They don’t need that much stuff or to play with style that much right off the bat. I finally realized how much of a gap there was for people between the ~30 piece capsules/challenges and someone who is starting from scratch.
The Starter Kits are for people who are starting from scratch or close to it. They focus the lists and are more “beginner” and basic in regards to wardrobe foundations as well as style know-how.
PMT Challenges are better for people who have clothes but want to fill holes, or want to become experts at remixing. Starter Kits are for people who feel overwhelmed and don’t even know where to start with clothes or style.
GET THE EVERYDAY CASUAL SPRING STARTER KIT WARDROBE GUIDE
I’ve “cut the fat” to make it easier and less intimidating to build a wardrobe from scratch. I’ve boiled down the list to only the essentials for your current season and lifestyle. And you’ll still get 22 Outfit Ideas from it!
Like I said, I’ll be rolling out more for different seasons and different Style Profiles. This first guide will help you build a wardrobe for Everyday Casual style for spring. It’s best for:
- stay-at-home moms
- anyone who works from home
- anyone in a casual work environment
- college students
- anyone who works in a business casual setting but needs to build a small but simple and efficient casual section
HOW MUCH DOES A GUIDE COST?
The cost of each Starter Kit Guide is just $19.99!
Refunds are available within 30 days of purchase so you can try it risk free. If you are not fully satisfied with the Starter Kit Wardrobe Guide, fill out the Refund Request Form within 30 days.
WHAT IF IT’S NOT SPRING WEATHER ANYMORE?
It’s only just becoming spring in some places while in others it’s already summer. Either way, don’t worry!
- This PDF will be available all year including next spring when/if you need it. Shopping links will be updated for each guide on a weekly basis for the 3 months of the current season.
- Also, I’ll be working on a summer one!
- But more importantly, many of the pieces in this guide are also some of my Fall Staples, so getting them now won’t go to waste!
If you’re ready to rebuild your wardrobe, get the Everyday Casual Spring Starter Kit Wardrobe for just $19.99 HERE!