- Uh, was I looking for print or what?
- In my Feb/March purchases I said I didn’t really shop in Feb but went crazy in March. I noticed a pattern this time as well in how I made maybe 1-2 purchases in April and a ton in May.
- Tracking back to Feb/March, I ended up returning 4 of the items. Also, reflecting on Feb/March purchases made me recognize that I needed to wear those pieces more. I still love the ones I kept, but I felt like I was wearing them often. However I realize that reality says I didn’t wear them as often as I thought which helps me feel like I can break them out more!
- Bouncing off the last point, I like listing out all my purchases. It helps me reflect on them and brings to my attention items that I can or should wear more. Hopefully that leads to less shopping? (Maybe not, I think part of me also just really enjoys shopping.)
5. Printed skirt (shop). Not sure if I’m gonna keep this yet. I like it, but I’m wondering if the floral skirt would overshadow it and fill the same space in my closet. Thoughts?
7. Denim jacket (shop). I have one from Forever 21 that is like 10 years old. It’s still in good shape, but I wanted a lighter wash than the one I have. It’s a subtle difference but it has seemed to make huge improvements in my outfits, so I’m happy with that decision.
8. Sandals (shop). I have a similar pair of metallic sandals, but like with the denim jacket above the difference between cognac and metallic is subtle but has also made big improvements in how I feel about my outfits. Thanks to birthday gift money, selling my clothes in Storenvy, and Chinese New Year money I felt very okay spending the $15 to get another pair of sandals.
9. Striped dress (shop). After much searching, I finally found a striped dress! I was sad when I had o return the striped dress I showed in March, but this one works much better for what I want it to do.
10. Ikat maxi (shop). This was a birthday gift from my husband–something I totally wanted and knew I could make great use of but couldn’t swallow the price tag for. I wore it once for my birthday party and cannot wait to wear it again! Realistically, I want to hem it first before wearing it again though. I had to wear wedges with it and I’d prefer to be able to wear sandals with it.
I don’t think I have a favorite purchase. There are so many fun prints here that they all make me happy!
What have your own favorite purchases lately?