Huge thanks to Kohl’s and ShopStyle for sponsoring this post
While summer looks different this year, there are still plenty of things we can do! With summer in full swing, I’m sharing 9 outfits for summer activities to help you look and feel great, and I’m excited to partner with Kohl’s and ShopStyle to do it!
I know many of us love shopping at Kohl’s, and why wouldn’t we? Kohl’s has a HUGE variety of items, and you can score amazing finds at MIND-BLOWING prices! Seriously, it’s insane. They’ve got good basics and activewear that people LOVE, but my favorite is the fantastic selection of easy-to-wear printed tops and dresses to liven up that summer wardrobe. The hardest part is sifting through the many items there, so I hope today’s post helps point you to some gems worth checking out!
Flash Sale: 20% off on 6/23 – ONLINE ONLY + EXTRA 25% off more items!
BTW, there’s a flash sale happening at Kohl’s TODAY (6/23)! Get 20% off your order, online only, with code SUMMER20. Plus, you can get an EXTRA 25% off some items w/ code SUMMERTIME, so the prices today are INSANE. I made note of them in the descriptions below.
SIZING: I’m 5’6″ and usually S/M or 6 in clothes, 8.5 to 9 in shoes.
Summer Outfit Ideas
1. Backyard BBQ: Printed Top or Tank + Denim Shorts
Instead of a plain t-shirt with denim shorts, elevate denim shorts with a cute printed top or tank. It’s still casual, and you can still chase after little kids in it, but it’s elevated and stylish!
Kohl’s has a TON of great tops like this, and honestly it was hard to choose just a few! I’m showing 3 above. I’ve tried two of them in person, and here’s what I can say about them:
- The pintuck top above is lightweight and flowy, which is GREAT for keeping you cooler. It comes in 12 prints and colors, which you can see HERE. I tried size S (over my 37 week baby bump!) and I believe that size will fit me well post-baby as the shoulders fit just right. It’s only $11.99 after you apply today’s discounts in cart!
- The tank top is also lightweight and flowy. It also comes in 18 prints HERE. It’s only $9 after you apply today’s discounts in cart!
- The leopard print top is SUCH a cute print! It’s only $6 after you apply today’s sales in cart! It’s a thicker tee, so while that might not be *as* great for summer heat, thicker material IS nice for smoothing over lumps and bumps. It’s stretchy and pretty comfortable to move around in. Dress it down with jeans and dress it up with slacks for work! Comes in 10 prints and colors! See them HERE. I fit size M.
Tops like these are VERY comfy to wear, and they make outfits with denim shorts a million times cuter!
Check out more great summer tanks and tops in the widget below:
Then, finish off summery looks with a straw crossbody bag!
2. Outdoor Concert
Every summer at a park nearby my house, there’s a huge monthly outdoor concert. In the past, groups were pretty spread out even before the need for being socially distant, so hopefully the concerts will happen again this year!
A romper or jumpsuit is a reallyyyyy cute, easy-to-wear option for outdoor activities like this! One thing I LOVE about rompers and jumpsuits is that many of them have no waistband at all or have a much comfier waistband than, say, denim shorts. When I’m sitting on the ground, that’s ideal.
As for the three above:
- The black romper is lightweight and VERY stretchy. The ruffle detail at the neckline gives it a little oomph. It comes in other prints and colors which you can see HERE. I believe I’ll fit size M best once I no longer have a baby. It’s junior’s sizing, which I usually size up in. It’s only $14.99 with today’s codes!
- The striped jumpsuit is made of linen and has an elastic waistband. It’s a really easy way to look chic without much effort! Pair it with these comfy taupe wedges to finish off the look. It’s only $14.99 with today’s codes!
- The short sleeve jumpsuit is really lightweight also. The buttons are so cute! One note is that because it’s made of a linen blend, it might wrinkle pretty easily. It’s only $14.40 with today’s codes!
Kohl’s has tons of jumpsuits and rompers that are super affordable. Shop them through the widget below:
3. Summer Date Night
While I personally still don’t feel comfortable dining in, my area has plenty of outdoor dining options. I’m an even bigger fan of takeout, though! Whichever option you prefer, you can make it special for a date. You can make it even more special with a summery dress!
- The striped tank dress is SO cute, and the print is perfect for summer. It’s a midi to maxi length at 40.5″, has two pockets, and has a button closure. Top it off with an adorable straw tote! It’s only $19.79 with today’s codes!
- The spotted leopard print dress is SO cute and chic! And it’s only $9.60 with today’s codes once it’s in your cart! Holy cow! This dress is made of a thicker material that holds shape and structure, so it’d look polished for work. But you could also dress it down with flat sandals and a denim jacket or dress it up for a date with wedges and tassel earrings. Super versatile! Plus, it has POCKETS! If I didn’t have a baby bump, I think size S would fit me best, but I would also encourage you to try one size up just in case. Comes in 10 prints and colors HERE.
- The olive dress is comfy and stretchy and made of a thicker material with a bit of texture. I like that it’s thicker for smoothing over some lumps and bumps, but at the same time, the fabric might cling in the back. If that’s the case, you can easily combat that by wearing a slip. It comes in several colors HERE! It’s only $14.99 with today’s codes!
Shop the Outfits:
Striped Tank Dress | Animal Print Dress | Olive Dress
Filigree Earrings | Black Tassel Earrings | Leopard Print Earrings
Straw Tote | Red Bag | Tan Crossbody
Tan Scallop Sandals | Black Wedges | Leopard Print Sandals
Check out more dresses below:
There are SO MANY cute items at Kohl’s that are insanely affordable! Scoop up some of these pieces or outfits for summer activities coming your way! Remember you can get 20% off your order TODAY with code SUMMER20!
FREE Summer Outfit Formulas Cheat Sheet
Did you catch the FREE summer outfit formulas cheat sheet yet? It’s a free download to help you figure out what to wear this summer!
There are 12 different combos that you can rotate through each day, using different pieces from each category each time to create new combos. Plus 12 outfit examples!
Download the free Summer Outfit Formulas guide HERE or through the form below.
Enter your info to instantly get the FREE Summer Outfits Cheat Sheet!