One of the most important things for me in learning to "work my closet" has been to learn how to wear the pieces in my closet in multiple different ways. Figuring out how to do that helps me get more use out of my closet without having to buy more clothes. Before style blogging, I tended to wear an item of clothing only one or two ways, so being able to imagine a piece being worn four, five, or even ten different ways was mind-blowing--and fun!
In hopes to help you find more versatility in your closets, here are some posts that feature one item worn multiple ways. Good luck discovering the hidden treasures in your own closet!
One Piece Many Ways Linkups (with readers linking up to show their own remixes):
- Fall Packing 2013 - 10 Pieces, 14 Outfits
- 7 Pieces, 7 Outfits
- Fall Packing 2012 - 12 Pieces, 10 Outfits
- Another 8 Pieces, Another 15 Outfits
- 8 Pieces, 14 Outfits from Merrick's Art
Recaps (collages of multiple ways I wore a piece):
- Chambray Top - 7 Ways for Fall
- Styling a White Tee
- Plaid / Gingham Button-Up 10 Ways
- Plaid / Gingham - even more ways...
- Sleeveless Button-Up Four Ways - guest post at Kacie's Kloset
- 5 Ways to Style a Dress
- How to wear a spring dress in two seasons
- Five Ways to Wear a Little Black Dress from Merrick's Art
- Four Ways to Wear a Dress