It makes the perfect summer vacation outfit. It's soft and comfy like pajamas, made of that soft jersey material. Unlike other maxi dresses/skirts I've tried, this is not super duper thin. It's not the thickest though, which I'm grateful for because I want to wear it in the summer. You might still need a slip in certain colors, but it really depends on your body shape and the undergarments you wear. (See my post on undergarments HERE.) However, thumbs up for the top being fully lined. Also, it's flattering, looks effortlessly cute, and doesn't wrinkle easily. I mean, c'mon. Cute, pajama-like, and keeps you away from an iron. What more could you ask for on vacation?
Oh wait. ALSO, you can also wear it as a coverup on the beach, while strolling around shopping, or dress it up for a dinner. See why I'd take it anywhere?
In addition to black, I have it in the blue print and equally love that one! (See it on me HERE.) I'm normally S/M or 6/8 and wear this in S. For length reference, I'm 5'6" and this dress has adjustable straps.
Shop for the Look:
Dress: Nordstrom (exact)
Jacket: Old Navy (similar)
Necklace: Nordstrom (similar)
Bag: Sole Society (exact)
Shoes: Target (similar, similar)
Earrings: c/o Nickel & Suede
While we're on the topic of summer vacation, I'm partnering again with Nordstrom to show some of my favorite Nordstrom summer pieces. And for fun, let's do another Nordstrom giveaway! I've made it a habit to do a giveaway every time I do one of these seasonal posts because I want to help you create a wardrobe you love, and one piece of that puzzle part is having the funds to do that. Also, my 5 year blogging anniversary just passed, and I gotta celebrate that! So many reasons to do a giveaway. :)
Since last time several of you said you don't use various social media, this time you can get one entry just by commenting on this blog! READY?
These are some of my favorite summer pieces for Nordstrom!
- Cover Up. Previously shown HERE. Perfect for when you're on the beach or poolside and want to be in your swimsuit, but just have a liiiitle more coverage. Know what I mean? And it totally makes you look chic!
- Grey Tee. Ohhhh, this might be my perfect grey tee. Maybe it'll be perfect for you too! It's soft and lightweight with a fantastic loose fit. This heather grey is perfect too, but it comes in 9 colors as well! I'm contemplating the olive one right now. It's under $20! This is the easy, effortless, comfortable tee you want to wear on those lazy summer days with a pair of denim shorts and sneakers or sandals. I'm normally S/M or 6/8 and got this in S.
- UGG Wedges. I've talked about these a ton. Most comfortable wedges I've ever worn! I've run several hours of errands in them and had no regrets. Some reviews say they run narrow, but I didn't find that to be true. I'm normally 8.5 or 9 and got these in 8.5. 9 was fine too, but slightly long for me.
- Cutout Crossbody Bag. The cutout design is just adorable. It makes every outfit have a little summer boho vibe, and it's my summer go-to bag if I want something smaller than the tote mentioned above.
- Maxi Dress. As mentioned above!
- Board Shorts. Pair the cover up above with these shorts! I usually have trouble finding shorts that leave some room in the thigh area, so I was pleasantly surprised by these. I'm normally 6/8 which put me as S on the sizing chart. But I sized up to M for a looser fit and am glad I did. I love the gold trim and that they have pockets!
- Tassel Necklace. This was in my recent post on jewelry (HERE) but in white. There is a very expensive version of this necklace (HERE) that I've admired from afar, but this one is much, much, much cheaper. So glad I found it because it makes everything feel summery but put together, from a plain maxi dress like the one above to a white t-shirt!
- Reversible Tote. I use this year round, but I'm mentioning it for summer activities and traveling for when I need to carry a bunch of stuff. The material is pretty durable, as I've had this tote for several years, have brought it all over the country, and set it down on the floors. I'm not nice to it, and it's just started to show a little scuffing this year.
Shop the Items:
In case you're interested, some of my past Nordstrom Favorites lists: Spring Favorites; Best Work Trousers; December Nordstrom Wishlist and Favorites.
Giveaway will run for 2 weeks, until July 4th. Winners will be chosen later that week.
Entries by honor system. Play nice!
Entries by honor system. Play nice!
(I took a looooong time to choose the winners from the Nordstrom Spring post (HERE). My apologies! I overcommitted at work this year and the administrative part of blogging has been falling through the cracks a little for me. But, my work rhythms return to normal come July, so this time winners will be chosen in more timely manners. PLEASE remind me if that doesn't happen!)
created in partnership with Nordstrom