Last year I was super pregnant during the sale and thought I wouldn't care much--until I did. I was able to score my beloved grey/white striped knit blazer (and there is an updated version this year HERE!) But really, most things were sold out. This year I'm ready, and I have a game plan that I'll let you in on!
My Game Plan
Get early access. If you're a Nordstrom cardholder you can shop the sale about a week earlier than everyone else. I learned the hard way last year that the good stuff goes quickly, so I'm shopping early this year. A Nordstrom sales associate also told me that there are actually extra items for cardholders that aren't available for non-cardholders.
There are 3 options for a Nordstrom card, and you get early access to the Anniversary Sale with any of them:
- A Nordstrom retail credit card - earn 2 points for every dollar spent at Nordstrom
- A Nordstrom Visa card - can be used as a regular credit card, but you get 2 points per dollar spent at Nordstrom plus 1 point per dollar spent anywhere else
- A Nordstrom debit card - 2 points per dollar spent at Nordstrom
Shop Online. I honestly get overwhelmed in the store. And since there's always free shipping and free returns at Nordstrom without any minimum purchase, shopping online is the way to go!
Make a list. Just because it's an exciting sale doesn't mean you need to buy a bunch of stuff just for the hype of it. What pieces in your closet do you need to fill? Because these are my two biggest ticket items, I'm mostly taking advantage of this sale in two areas:
- Boots & Shoes - definitely trying these Naturalizer riding boots or maybe these Lucky Brand boots (wide calf version HERE). Frye boots are also $138 off!
- Skinny Jeans - since I still haven't found a replacement for my now too-big pair. Plus, I discovered the wonderful world of designer jeans and I'm sold. These Joe's jeans are crazy on sale. I'll also try this pair of Paige Denim, among a few others that are not designer which I will show another time.
There are a ton of other things that caught my eye. Some are below, and others I'll share more about next week!
Links to Shop:
And don't worry, if you're not a Nordstrom cardholder and don't have early access, you can still use the "Add to Wish List" feature for easy checkout once the sale opens to all on July 17th. But personally, with how discounted those jeans are I am not taking any chances on things still being in stock at that point!
If anyone else is shopping early, I'd love to hear your recommendations!