I thought I'd update you on some of my March Purchases. I returned a few of the items, including the striped dress. Though I loved it I had to come to grips with the fact that it wasn't serving the purpose I wanted it to. It didn't go with as many of my completer pieces (cardigans, blazers, cropped jackets, etc.) so I went back on the hunt for a new one.
I *really* want a neutral striped dress. Why? No compelling reason except for the fact that I LOVE stripes. Stripes are pretty much always "in" and they are interesting without being too in-your-face for me.
Below are some of the dresses I found during my search and what I like about them:
Take a closer look by clicking on the links below:
1. Loft (shop). I love that this dress is easy but still has shape to it with the ruching at the bust and the elastic waist. Perfect for spring and summer.
2. The Walk-In Closet (shop). I ordered this dress this weekend to try it out. I'm hoping the seaming at the bust will help flatter a smaller bust. Pleats on my hips are hit or miss, so I'm really hoping this one works!
3. ELLE via Kohl's (shop) - also comes in green and red. The whole search for a striped dress began because of a dress very much like this. By the time I was ready to order the other dress it was sold out (DAHHH!). Similar to the one above, I liked the seaming at the bust and hoped it would flatter a smaller bust. According to someone that owned the original dress I wanted, it was true! I think you can take off the red sash and wear it with a number of different colored belts, cardigans and shoes.
4. Daisy Rae (shop). I've loved this dress for a long time, but they're out of my size now. I love chevron, and the subtlety of these stripes and colors makes it really versatile.
5. LC by Lauren Conrad (shop) - also comes in red. I like both the red and grey version of this dress! So cute. I used this dress in Sophie's Case Study, but I want one for myself!
6. Target (shop). This is the dress that I just returned. It fits so well, but I don't know what it was--it wasn't working with my colored cardigans the way I'd hoped.
7. ModCloth (shop). I really love the gathering at the waist for this one, and I could imagine it working well for women with great curves. I read through the reviews for this dress and though women of all sizes liked it a good handful of the women who loved this dress were size L-2X. Might be worth checking out!
8. Sonoma via Kohl's (shop) - also comes in coral. I am such a fan of maxis, but I don't have many. This one is perfectly casual and neutral, and I think it would be great for day-to-day errands and weekend activities. It looks so comfy!
Would you try any of these dresses?