Dress turned into Top: Forever 21 | Shorts: NY&Co. | Flats: Gap Outlet | Belt: Forever 21 | Bracelet: Target
Originally I wanted to wear this outfit with shoes like these:
Wouldn't that have been so hot? I think those shoes would have changed and defined this outfit. But I'm not wearing those shoes because although I found the mock pair at Target on clearance, when I tried to walk in them I thought I might break my ankles. (How do people do it?) I chose to keep my ankles in tact and had to return them. Sad times. I've been on the lookout for a pair of wedges with a thick black strap which I think would have the same effect. It's one of those items that when I put on outfits I think, "Man, a pair of those would be really helpful right now."
Anyway! So, I was tagged in the One Lovely Blog Award thing like a month and a half ago from Alyssa and I kept forgetting to do it! So here it goes. Seven random facts about myself:
- I had hair down to my waist until I was about 23. My hair grows like weeds, so I've donated hair to Locks of Love three times.
- I took Tae Kwon Do when I was younger. Through out high school I played volleyball and did track & field.
- I considered majoring in Spanish Lit in college. I love Spanish, but I'm glad I chose a different major!
- I barely talk about it on this blog, but singing and music takes up most of my time--for both my work and non-work environments.
- When I turned 18 I pierced my belly button. It's in the top three most painful things I've endured (since I haven't birthed children yet). And 10 years later, my mom still doesn't know it's pierced. Ha.
- It's pretty hard to gross me out. However, I do get grossed out by my the two things I fear most: 1) Birds. I've been pooped on plenty and have stories to tell. 2) Getting my eyeballs poked out...or anyone's eyeballs getting poked out, really.
- Two of my favorite sounds are of heavy rain hitting my rooftop and of children laughing! (Coincidentally, Van just wrote on her blog, "Is there anything better than a child's laughter?" Nope, there isn't.)
And now I have to tag people. I'd actually love to tag you ALL. Really. So I'm tagging you, and if you want to comment with 7 random things about you please do! Or write it on your own blog and link it below because I'd love to know more about you! Really, really, really. I mean it. :)
But I'm gonna call out the following people in hopes to add peer pressure and make you more likely to do it! :D
Van - The Clothes We Wear
Jodi - Life and Oh-La-Dee-Dah
Morgan - Mama Loves Papa
Stacy - Kids Stuff World
Jenn - Complex Cardigans
Teresa - Teresa - Life and Style
Jess - Animated Cardigan
This is my chance to get to know more about each of you. Please don't leave me hanging and don't be shy!